Douglas Martin Adkins (born October 3, 1963) is a country music singer and songwriter. Between 1990 and 2010, Adkins recorded 8 original studio CDs. In 2005 Adkins worked with Nashville producer and bass player Mike Chapman to bring about the CD Whiskey Salesman. In addition to playing on Adkins' CD, Mike Chapman also played bass guitar on studio sessions for Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, Leann Rimes, Trisha Yearwood , Joe Diffie, Chris Ledoux and many others. Chapman brought in guitar legends Brent Mason and J.T. Corenflos to give Adkins a top Nashville sound. The first track to be released from the CD Whiskey Salesman stayed at the #1 position on the European Hotdisc Top 40 Country Charts for the weeks of 23 February and 2 March 2006. Additionally Whiskey Salesman was also nominated for "Best Country Song of the Year" in 2008 by the "Independent Music Awards". The second song to be released off the Whiskey Salesman CD was "Window Shoppin, and reached the #12 position on the European Hotdisc Top 40 Country Charts.
Life and career:
Adkins was born in Havre, Montana, the son of Marilyn and Jack Adkins. His father, and educator and basketball coach in Northeast Montana. Growing up, Doug lived in Westby, Culbertson, Froid and graduated high school from Sidney Montana. Doug grew up singing with his sisters Jackie, Betty Jo, Thereasa and Joan.
During his songwriting career, primarily in the Country genre. It was the sessions produced by Mike Chapman, with the songs "Whiskey Salesman" and "Window Shoppin'" that initially brought Adkins popularity across Europe and gave Adkins much deserved respect among country songwriters.
Adkins tours mostly in Europe and in addition to touring the U.S., has toured Switzerland, France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- 2006/23/February - Song "Whiskey Salesman" reaches #1 on European Country Hotdisc Charts and stayed at the #1 position for 4 consecutive weeks.
- 2006/22/June - Song "Window Shoppin'" reaches #12 on European Country Hotdisc Charts.
- 2008 - Doug Adkins was nominated for "Best Country Song of the Year" with his song Whiskey Salesman by the "Independent Music Awards".
- 2010/03/October - "Song Yippee ii Yippee aa'" reaches #14 on European Country Hotdisc Top 40 Charts.
- 2010/28/November - "Song Ain't Gonna Play With Your Heart" reaches #14, spending from November 10, 2010 to January 30, 2011 on the European Country Hotdisc Top 40 Charts.
- 2011/03/April - Song "Loved You More'" reaches #11 on European Country Hotdisc Top 40 Charts.
- 2014/14/September - Song "Pretty Girls" recorded by Doug Adkins and Barry P. Foley reaches #2 on European Country Hotdisc Top 40 Charts.
- 2014/16/October - Song "Pretty Girls" recorded by Doug Adkins and Barry P. Foley reaches #1 position the German Country Music Airplay Charts, edging out Tim McGraw & Faith Hill with their single "Meanwhile Back At Mama`s."
Text from this biography licensed under creative commons license