Malissa Alanna born on the Island of Barbados on August 12, 1995. Her father is Barbadian and her mother is British. She is the middle child of two sisters. From as far back as she can remember Malissa Alanna has wanted to be a singer and songwriter, and at 9 years old she penned her first song “I Remember” and has since gone on to write many songs. She has shied away from the genres of music most teenagers would consider singing and concentrated on the country/pop genre, something unusual for a teenager born and raised in the Caribbean! However, with her strong versatile voice, she can sing just about anything. Malissa Alanna has excelled in jazz dancing and martial arts attaining the rank of Senior Black Belt and is known for her relentless drive and effervescent personality.
This incredibly gifted singer/songwriter has accomplished many achievements since launching her career in February 2011.
• Taste of Honey Jam Show February 2011
• Harbour Lights Cancer benefit March 2011
• Coscap Gala (Copyright Society of Composers Authors & Publishers (Barbados) 2011
• Recording 5 original songs in Nashville with Grammy Award Winning Producer Ronnie Brookshire at the world famous Sound Kitchen Studios July 2011
• Performance at Miss Barbados World at the Hilton International Hotel Barbados August 2011
• Jammin for Tomorrow Fund Raising Event Sept 2011
• Recording 3 additional songs with Grammy Award Winning Producer Ronnie Brookshire at the world famous Sound Kitchen Studios November 2011
• Headline Act for the opening of ABEX (Atlanta Business Entertainment Exchange) Atlanta GA February 2012
• Recording of 6 cover videos and her original video “Vitamin C” April 2012
• Malissa Alanna “Dream Big” Concert June 15th 2012
• Performed the Barbados National Anthem at the Barbados Auto Racing League International Event August 2012
• Officially sponsored by Digicel (Regional Cellular phone provider) October 2012
• Performance of the Barbados National Anthem at the Launch of Williams Evergreen November 2012
• Nominated for 3 Barbados Music Awards November 2012 - Best New Artist of the Year, Music Video of the Year, Pop/Rock/ Alternative/Country Artist of the Year
• Recorded Song “The Fight is Not Over” with Ronnie Morris, Ayana John and ViZion for HIV Aids Commission
• Performed at the World Aids Day Concert December 1st 2012
• Variety Club Children’s Charity appearance December 2012
• Coverley Square Christmas Concert December 2012
• Private performance for exclusive west coast villa in Barbados – New Years Eve Party December 2012
• Best New Artist of the year 2013 January 2013 (the other 2 awards that she was nominated for were won by fellow Barbadian superstar Rihanna).
• Performance at the Legendary Awards in Atlanta GA February 2013
• Visited and performed at East Yancey Middle School April 19th 2013
• Visited and performed at Cane River Middle School April 23rd 2013
• Performance at Burnsville Town Centre NC for “Home Town Concert” May 17th 2013
During her short tenure Malissa Alanna has managed to meet many celebrities with one of her favorite being Dolly Parton, who was gracious enough to sign her guitar and spend some time with her sharing many inspirational words of encouragement.
Malissa Alanna is a stunningly beautiful and extraordinary talented young woman that is mature far beyond her years, with an infectious personality that captivates anyone she comes in contact with. She is extremely passionate about her music and is determined to realize her childhood dreams of being a superstar.