10 QUICK FACTS:
1. Signed to Sony Music Australia
2. Recent recipient of the 2012 CMAA New Talent of The Year Award (the equivalent of the CMA Horizon Award, Keith Urban won this in 1991)
3. In Feb 2013, they wrapped up a National sold out Australian Tour with Sir Cliff Richard.
4. O’SHEA have their own show on Foxtell called, “O’SHEA USA”
5. Debut Album, “Mr. and Mrs.” spawned 4 consecutive #1s. The only debut from an Australian artist to achieve this in the history of the CMC charts.
6. Their current album, One + One debuted at #3 on the ARIA County Charts and cracked the top 30 on the all genre chart.
7. Individually they’ve toured with everyone from INXS, Keith Urban, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Phil Vassar, Hall & Oates, The Oakridge Boys, America, Darius Rucker, Sara Evans and more.
8. They are part of the Tourism Australia initiative, “Friends of Australia” alongside Academy Award winning Director, Baz Lurmann (Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet), Celebrity Chef Curtis Stone, The Wiggles, Lance Armstrong and Sir Richard Branson.
9. They are Ambassadors for World Vision.
10. They are expecting their second baby in May 2013.
THE FULL BIO:
Individually Mark and Jay O’Shea have an impressive string of writing and artist credits that span the globe. The combination of Jay’s country-soul voice blending perfectly with Mark’s country-rock sensibilities has made the Nashville based husband-and-wife team one of the most respected names in Australian country music in just a few short years.
Their debut album ‘Mr. and Mrs.’ produced four #1 Country singles and earned them the 2012 CMAA “Golden Guitar” Award for New Talent of the Year. They are set for new heights in 2013 with the release of their second album “One + One”. With production by legendary ex-pat Mark Moffatt (The Saints, Tim Finn), ‘One + One’ showcases brilliantly their incredible vocal talents and skills as hit songwriters.
The pair co-wrote the album with a string of renowned collaborators including Billy Burnette (Fleetwood Mac, John Fogerty, Bob Dylan), Tim Nichols (Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill), Kevin Kadish (Jason Mraz) and Kim Carnes (”Bette Davis Eyes”).
The depth in the writing stands out on ‘One + One’. “Thank You Angels” was inspired by Mark’s experiences with open heart surgery in 2010, a procedure he had previously undergone as a six month old child. “Be With You Tonight” was born out of the pair spending months apart on opposite sides of the world, chasing their career dreams. “It Never Goes Away”, a co-write with Billy Burnette, tells a tale of loss with a timeless sound that harks back to the great ballads of Roy Orbison.
‘One + One’ is a record that is more than just the sum of its individual parts, it’s a stunning body of work that is set to become an instant classic.