CMT Listener's Choice Award Winner receives:
- Tickets for (2) to the 2010 CMT Music Awards (Date TBA) or something equivalent. Airfare, transportation, hotel not included.
- Private tour of CMT studios in Nashville, TN. Airfare, transportation, hotel not included.
- Tickets for winner and one guest to one scheduled CMT Television, Internet, or Radio performance taping. July 2009 - June 2010. Airfare, transportation, hotel not included.
- CMT Branded Merchandise and Memorabilia package.
- CMT branded Epiphone PR-5e Guitar
- Offered one single-song publishing contract by a major publisher for winning song.
- Three-day trip to Nashville for one (1) including airfare and hotel accommodations (limited to US travel within the 50 continental states and only in cities serviced by American Airlines). In the event that winner's legal residence is within 250 miles of Nashville, TN, only hotel accommodations will be awarded.
- Your song pitched to music industry execs through our Winners Compilation CD for one year.
- Professional demo - your song recorded and produced at Parlor Studios on Music Row with professional singers, musicians and producers.
- Capo (2) from G7th Ltd.
- One SHURE SM58 microphone.
- One MasterWriter songwriter software.
- Six-month SongU.com membership.
- Free NSAI Songwriters Symposium or Song Camp 101 or 102.
- One-year NSAI membership.
- One-year subscription to American Songwriter magazine.
- One-year subscription to Music Connection magazine.
- One-year subscription to Broadjam.com (Primo MoB Account).
- Certificate of Achievement
The 9th Annual CMT NSAI Song Contest
Congratulations to the 9th Annual CMT/NSAI Song Contest winners.
9th Annual NSAI Song Contest Winner:
"Damn, I Miss You"
David Stewart/Mary Beth Stone
David Stewart is an award-winning songwriter whose songs have been published in Nashville, New York and Los Angeles. Previously, Stewart had four songs make it to the Top 5 status in the NSAI/CMT song contest and has been recognized by the Songwriter's Guild of America with the Abe Olman scholarship. While most of his time is devoted to writing individual songs, he has been involved in numerous special music projects - ranging from playing with his band to composing and producing music for children's storybooks/tapes, and writing songs for various indie films. Music is and will always be his first love. He is thrilled to be, along with Mary Beth, the winner of the grand prize this year.
Mary Beth Stone has enjoyed being a regional coordinator for NSAI since 1998. A finalist in the Lilith Fair songwriting contest, she has also placed in past CMT/NSAI song contests, the Billboard songwriting contest, the Austin Songwriters Group songwriting contest and the Song Door contest. Stone is an alumna of the ASCAP Advanced Songwriters Workshop and has been an annual recipient under the ASCAP Plus Awards program for the last decade. Recently she became a reviewer for democheck.com and is co-owner of Signature Tours, Inc., a company providing custom-created tours of New York City. As much as she loves it, she hopes to trade in her view of the Hudson for one of the Cumberland.
9th Annual CMT Listener's Choice Winner:
"I Found Everything"
Kate Thompson/Ben Thompson
Kate Thompson has been a singer/songwriter as long as she can remember. She started writing songs seriously in the early 90's when she moved from Australia to Atlanta. After joining the NSAI, she attended the song camps and any training that was offered. She became a co-ordinater for NSAI about six or seven years ago. She has released three independent albums and continues to perform her original material.
B.C. Thompson is an Australian born, Atlanta-bred writer. He has been a member of the NSAI since 2001. In addition to song writing, he has written several scripts for network television and is currently working with Nicholas Brendon and Alan O. W. Barnes in a new media company called Three Sided Circle.