"Shake That Thing Sweepstakes"
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: "Shake That Thing Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00:01 PM Central Time ("CT") on April 6, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 1, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on May 1, 2011.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Country Music Television Inc., an MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("MTVN"), or any of the Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) and any person who has won an MTVN contest or sweepstakes in the preceding twelve (12) month period are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. The "Sweepstakes Entities" shall mean collectively MTVN, Tim McGraw ("Artist"), Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc. ("SPHE"), or any of the aforementioned individuals' or entities' prize providers and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of this Sweepstakes and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by MTVN, and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. Sweepstakes Overview: This Sweepstakes is one sweepstakes wherein one (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner"), and one (1) second place prize winner ("Second Place Prize Winner" and together with the Grand Prize Winner, referred to herein as the "Prize Winner(s)") will be selected during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries (as hereinafter defined) received.
6. Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, and one (1) Second Place Prize Winner will be randomly selected on or about May 2, 2011 from among all of the Eligible Entries received. MTVN will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48 hour period following Prize Winner's selection to contact the potential Prize Winner via the telephone number(s) provided on his/her entry form. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached during the 48 hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
7. Prize Winner Verification: The potential Prize Winner(s) must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Prize Winner, such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in MTVN's sole discretion. The Prize Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from MTVN: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize related activity to be eligible for the related Prizes (as hereinafter defined); and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes. Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by MTVN (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by MTVN or Prize Winner may forfeit Prizes at MTVN's sole discretion. All decisions of MTVN relating to this Sweepstakes are final. MTVN expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Prize Winner(s) for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sweepstakes Entities deem necessary.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize includes: (i) two (2) tickets to one (1) of Tim McGraw's 2011 United States "Emotional Traffic Tour" concert dates between June 3, 2011 and August 13, 2011, which will include a backstage pass (the "Event"); (ii) roundtrip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the "Guest") (valued at up to $500 per person) which shall originate from a major U.S. gateway airport of Sweepstakes Entities' choice nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) to the airport nearest the Event location (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion). Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute ground transportation if Grand Prize Winner resides within 150 miles of the Event; (iii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in connection with the Event for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall be at a participating Delta Vacations hotel determined by the Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion (single room, double occupancy, meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included) (valued at up to $500); (iv) a meet and greet for Grand Prize Winner and Guest with Tim McGraw at Event (the "Meet & Greet"); (v) a prop or costume piece from the motion picture "Country Strong", at Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion; (vi) one (1) autographed copy of the soundtrack from the motion picture "Country Strong"; (vii) one (1) copy of the motion picture "Country Strong" on DVD; (viii) one (1) mounted, autographed "Country Strong" poster; and (ix) one (1) "Country Strong" t-shirt (collectively, the "Grand Prize").
Event dates are non-negotiable. Event location to be chosen by Grand Prize Winner from the list of locations provided by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on any of the available Event dates, Grand Prize Winner privileges and Grand Prize will be terminated and an alternative Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Guest traveling with Winner must be at the time of Prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides. If Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which Grand Prize Winner resides, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted Guest. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and blackout dates and must be roundtrip. Travel must be booked by June 30, 2011 and completed by August 15, 2011. Sweepstakes Entities will determine airline, flight itinerary and/or ground transportation, and hotel in their sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
All travel dates are subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, but are not obligated, to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes in their discretion and shall award a substitute prize of comparable or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Prize as set forth in these Official Rules. Meet & Greet is subject to the availability of the artist(s) named, if named in these rules. In the event the Meet & Greet does not take place, there will be no replacement for this portion of the Grand Prize. The dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be between June 3, 2011 and August 13, 2011, subject to change in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Second Place Prize Winner will receive: (a) one (1) autographed copy of the soundtrack from the motion picture "Country Strong"; and (b) one (1) copy of the motion picture "Country Strong" on DVD (collectively, the "Second Place Prize") or together with the Grand Prize, (the "Prize(s)").
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $1,957.00, and the ARV of the Second Place Prize is $37.00. The aggregate ARV of all Prizes is $1,994.00.
The Grand Prize ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. If, for any reason Sweepstakes Entities are unable to provide tickets to the Event, Sweepstakes Entities' only obligation is to award trip portion of the Prize or a prize of comparable or greater value (which may include a cash prize equal to the ARV of the trip portion of the Prize), in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion.
9. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by SPHE. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes are solely Prize Winner's responsibility. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to the Prize Winner as income. Prize Winner must supply MTVN with his/her social security number for tax purposes. IRS Form 1099s will be issued in the name of Prize Winner for the actual value of the Prizes received. Upon entry into this Sweepstakes, Prize Winner (as well as all other online Entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Prize Winner's responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prizes as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sweepstakes Entities, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES OF SUCH PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Grand Prize Winner or in the announcement of the Prizes and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in MTVN's on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, MTVN reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.cmt.com during the Sweepstakes Period and the Prizes may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by MTVN in its sole discretion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by MTVN are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. MTVN reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
11. Request for Name of Prize Winner's and Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winner's and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
"Shake That Thing Sweepstakes"
330 Commerce Street, #230
Nashville, TN 37201
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of Prize Winner's must be made by July 31, 2011. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the name of "Prize Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Country Music Television, Inc. an MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 330 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37201.
© 2011 Country Music Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CMT and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Country Music Television, Inc., an MTV Network.
1. ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the contiguous United States and District of Columbia, excluding Hawaii and Alaska, who are 18 years of age or older. Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Entries must be received by May 1, 2011. See Official Rules at sweepstakes.cmt.com for complete details.
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends on May 1, 2011. For rules visit sweepstakes.cmt.com.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends: May 1, 2011. To enter and for Official Rules, visit sweepstakes.cmt.com.
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia, excluding Hawaii and Alaska, who are 18 years of age or older. Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Ends: May 1, 2011. See Official Rules at sweepstakes.cmt.com.