1. Overview: The “2014 Hot 20 Summer Recipe” Casting Call is sponsored by Country Music Television Inc. a Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (collectively “VMN”) and Bush’s Beans (together with VMN the “Sponsors”) and is an online audition process (the “Audition”) where entrants create profiles and upload a their best summer recipes paired with a flavor of Bush’s Grilling Beans (“Submission”) to be considered as the “2014 Hot 20 Summer Recipe Chosen Fan (the “Chosen Fan). In addition to attending the taping of a special Hot 20 segment (the “Event”), the Chosen Fan will be filmed, photographed and interviewed while sharing their winning recipe and Bush’s Grilling Beans pairing (the “Experience”). Their Submission and Experience may be posted to CMT.com, BushBeans.com and various social networking websites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
2. Audition Period: The audition period commences at 11:00:01 AM ( ET) on May 24, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (CT) on August 1, 2014 (the “Audition Period”). All Audition entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (CT) on August 1, 2014.
3. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of one of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING for the avoidance of doubt ALASKA and HAWAII), and be at least 18 years of age. Entrants must also not be during the Audition Period or at time of participation in the Event, a party to any agreement with any record label, production company, publishing company or any third party that might interfere with Entrants’ participation in the Audition or the Event. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, children and step siblings) of the Sponsors, their franchisees and their respective parent companies, affiliated or related companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter Audition. By participating in this Audition, Entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall be determined by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion, and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Audition; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, related and affiliated companies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, shareholders, representatives, members and agents (collectively “Released Parties”), against any and all claims, injury or damage including without limitation any liability, damages, loss, claims, demands, costs or expenses, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft of other loss of any kind suffered in connection with any travel to, preparation for, and / or participation in this Audition and Event and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who is under a third party agreement which the Sponsors deem as contradictory to the nature of this Audition.
If an Eligible Entrant uses multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one entry per method of entry, only the first entry will count. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in this Audition at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Eligible Entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
All entry materials, regardless of method of entry, will hereinafter be referred to as (the “Submission Materials”). Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All Submission Materials become the property of VMN and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entrants must be available August 2014 to travel to Nashville, TN to attend the Hot 20 shoot on August, 2014 if they are selected as the Chosen Fan.
Entrants agree: (i) that they have all rights to the contents of Submission Materials and all components thereof (including, but not limited to master recording rights and publishing rights with respect to any musical recordings), and that Entrants have obtained all rights, consents and permissions, including but not limited to those of persons participating in the Submission Materials, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (ii) that the Submission Materials have not been released commercially; (iii) that the Submission Materials do not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iv) that the Submission Materials are free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Submission Materials in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (v) that the Submission Materials are not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene. Entries which contain materials that are not the original work of the Entrants, or are illegible or incomplete will not be accepted.
If any Submission Materials were created by the result of any collaborative effort, each individual who has any right, title or interest in such Submission Materials must be listed as the Entrant. Entries which contain materials that are not the original work of the Entrants, or are illegible or incomplete will not be accepted.
Entrants agree that by entering into this Audition they are granting VMN (and any and all of VMN’s subsidiaries and affiliates and affiliated broadcast stations and networks, successors, assignees and licensees) the non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivative works of, and distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, the Submission Materials and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity. VMN may use the Submission Materials to advertise, promote and publicize VMN, any of the VMN Networks’ worldwide programming services and/or the Web Site in all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so, such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Submission Materials. Entrants acknowledges that VMN may use the Submission Materials in accordance with the permission granted herein without notice and without compensation, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any entrant.
Submission Materials shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
Language contained in Submission Materials will be evaluated by VMN in its sole and absolute discretion based on content and societal acceptability.
VMN reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate any of the policies of VMN’s “Standards and Practices Guidelines.”
Written Inquiries: Country Music Television, Inc., 330 Commerce Street, 3rd Floor, Nashville, TN 37201, Attn: Social Media Department, The “Hot 20 Summer Recipe” Casting Call.
5. Casting Criteria: The official judging panel will be comprised of representatives from VMN (the “Judges”) who retain complete discretion in selecting the Chosen Fan. The Judges’ decision will be based on a variety of elements, including, but not limited to, originality, creativity, how well Entrants demonstrate their blending of Bush Beans within their recipes, and how well the Entrant articulates him/herself in a personal phone interview. Phone interviews will only be given to top contenders, as determined by the Judges at their complete and unfettered discretion. The application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. To the extent permitted by law, VMN and Judges disclaim any liability from, and all Entrants, whether or not the Chosen Fan, agree to waive any claims against VMN and the other Released Parties and Judges relating to the judging or awarding process. The Judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any Entrant. The Judges also reserve the right to extend the Audition Period or not to declare the Chosen Fan if they determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, that entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards. VMN reserves the right to select an alternative Chosen Fan in the event that the potential Chosen Fan fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Chosen Fan Selection/Notification: Starting on or about August 4, 2014, and ending on or about August 8, 2014, the Chosen Fan will be selected by the Judges. VMN will make up to two (2) attempts over the 24 hour period following selection to contact the potential Chosen Fan. If the potential Chosen Fan cannot be reached during the 24 hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Chosen Fan may be disqualified and an alternate Chosen Fan may be selected from the remaining Eligible Entrants in VMN’s sole and absolute discretion. In addition, VMN reserves the right to select an alternate Chosen Fan in the event that the potential Chosen Fan fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
7. Chosen Fan Verification: The potential Chosen Fan must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as the potential Chosen Fan. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Chosen Fan such potential Chosen Fan may be disqualified and an alternate Chosen Fan may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entrants in VMN’s sole and absolute discretion. In addition, the potential Chosen Fan must sign and return to VMN within One (1) day of receipt such documents from VMN as VMN may require such as but not limited to an affidavit of eligibility and release, and a participant agreement that will require, among other things, the Chosen Fan’s agreement to be available during the entire Event production period and activities related thereto. In addition, the Chosen Fan must also consent to (if requested by VMN) and satisfactorily complete a background check, including but not limited to, a check of criminal and driving records.
8. Event: The Event schedule is yet to be locked in, but will take place in August 2014 in Nashville, TN, but subject to change at VMN’s sole and absolute discretion. VMN will pay the expenses associated with the Chosen Fan’s trip to Nashville, TN where the Chosen Fan will be filmed, photographed and interviewed by VMN. These filmings, photographs and interview may be posted to CMT.com, BushBeans.com and various social networking websites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
The trip for two for the Chosen Fan and his / her guest (“Guest”) will include:
(i) round trip coach class air transportation for the Chosen Fan and Guest, which shall originate from an airport of VMN’s choice nearest the Chosen Fan’s residence. VMN reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the Chosen Fan resides within 150 miles of Nashville, TN;
(ii) round trip ground transportation between Nashville airport and Nashville hotel; as well as to/from the Hot 20 Countdown shoot; up to three (3) nights hotel accommodations for the Chosen Fan and Guest in Nashville, TN, which shall be one room, based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls and other incidentals and costs are not included);
(iii) $250 of spending money;
VMN will determine the airline and hotel in its sole and absolute discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Chosen Fan and Guest must each possess valid travel documents in order to travel. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip and Chosen Fan and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Guest traveling with Chosen Fan must be at least 18 years of age at time of fulfillment. If Chosen Fan is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted Guest. If Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless he or she is the Chosen Fan. All travelers must execute a release of liability prior to ticketing. VMN shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. VMN shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. The date for travel for the Event is yest to be locked in, but will take place in August 2014 , and such dates are subject to change in VMN’s sole discretion. In addition, VMN may delay, cancel or postpone the Event in its sole discretion. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above are Chosen Fan’s sole responsibility.
All travel dates are subject to change in VMN’s sole discretion. If the Chosen Fan is not available to travel on the dates specified by VMN, such Chosen Fan’s privileges will be terminated and an alternative Chosen Fan may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entrants.
9. VMN and Produced Programming: VMN may produce a film/video of Chosen Fan’s Experience as well as other material of the Experience and ancillary material captured during or relating to the Experience. The Chosen Fan will be working with the VMN correspondent and production crew, during, and after the Event and possibly throughout the Experience. All film/video/written material and programming created by VMN and/or Chosen Fan will be referred to as “Programming”. VMN shall be the exclusive owner of the copyright and other rights in and to the Programming and Chosen Fan hereby assigns any rights he/she may have in the Programming to VMN immediately within creation. VMN, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated broadcast stations and networks and licensees will be able to use the Programming forever and throughout the world, and to license others to use it, in any manner VMN wishes and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered or developed without notice, including for advertising, promoting and publicizing any of its products or services, such use may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut in synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Programming. By participating in the Experience and Event, the Chosen Fan acknowledges that VMN may use the Programming in accordance with the permission granted herein without any compensation, royalty, payment, liability or obligation to the Chosen Fan or any third party. VMN is under no obligation to broadcast or otherwise exploit the Programming.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification. Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Audition or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Audition. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Audition. All interpretations of these Terms and Conditions and decisions by VMN are final and binding. VMN reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Audition; (ii) to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; (iii) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Audition. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the selection and notification of the Chosen Fan, including any claim for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss or any other harm suffered in connection with the Audition, Event and Programming, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties.
11. Sponsor: This promotion is sponsored by Bush Beans and Country Music Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Bush Beans, VMN and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Bush Beans and Country Music Television, Inc.