The "Jana Kramer Signed Album Giveaway" Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "Jana Kramer Signed Album Giveaway" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 10:00:01 AM Central Time (CT) on June 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (CT) on June 17, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (CT) on June 17, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry; and (iii) have a www.twitter.com account to enter. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to be declared a Grand Prize Winner (as defined herein). Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Country Music Television, Inc. ("CMT"), Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("VMN", and together with CMT, "MTVN", and also referred to as the "Sponsor"), Jana Kramer ("Jana Kramer") Warner Music Nashville, LLC, a Warner Music Group company ("WMG"), Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter") (Twitter, WMG, and Jana Kramer, together with Sponsor or MTVN, are collectively referred to herein as the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, third party fulfillment agencies, respective agents, employees, officers, directors, members, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sweepstakes Entities, the "Released Parties"), along with any person who has won an MTVN contest or sweepstakes in the preceding six (6) month period, are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://www.twitter.com, and from your Twitter account, follow the @CMT account and retweet the following message:
*RT* TO ENTER: We have 10 @KramerGirl signed albums to give away. Album available now. Rules: http://ow.ly/bvwfE (the "Tweet").
(Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don't already have one.) BY RETWEETING THE CMT-SPECIFIED TWEET, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Although not required, we recommend you follow the official "CMT Channel" Twitter account located at http://twitter.com/CMT, so that you can see the Grand Prize Winner announcement to see if you've won (pending verification), in addition to, the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond the Grand Prize Winner notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Grand Prize Winner will be selected. You can retweet the following tweet: *RT* TO ENTER: We have 10 @KramerGirl signed albums to give away. Album available now. Rules: http://ow.ly/bvwfE as many times as you want to enter this Sweepstakes. Each *RT* TO ENTER: We have 10 @KramerGirl signed albums to give away. Album available now. Rules: http://ow.ly/bvwfE tweet will count as one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. You must retweet the Tweet exactly as it appears above during the Sweepstakes Period for the tweet to count as an entry. Automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries". In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor who shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the entries. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode," your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor's @CMT inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Grand Prize Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: Ten (10) grand prize winners (each, the "Grand Prize Winner") will be randomly selected on or around June 18, 2012 by Sponsor from the Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. MTVN will make up to two (2) attempts over the twelve (12) hour period following the Grand Prize Winner selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the Grand Prize Winners' Twitter account and via tweets from http://twitter.com/CMT. Once MTVN and the potential Grand Prize Winner have connected via Twitter, and the potential Grand Prize Winner provides MTVN with a telephone number for contacting them, then MTVN will make up to two (2) attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the telephone number(s) provided via Twitter. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached when he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. If a potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within twelve (12) hours of being contacted in either method (e.g. Twitter and/or via telephone), the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until potential Grand Prize Winner responds. The Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary. Sponsor reserves the right not to award some or all of the Grand Prizes if they determine, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Grand Prize Winner such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor's sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within one (1) day of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prizes; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Grand Prize Winner's social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the "Releases"). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. The Grand Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner are not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winner may forfeit Grand Prize at Sponsor's sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with deadline outlined herein, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Grand Prize: Each randomly selected Grand Prize Winner shall receive one (1) copy of Jana Kramer's album entitled Jana Kramer (the "Grand Prize").
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize is $9.99, with the total combined ARV of all Grand Prizes being valued at $99.99. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. The Grand Prize will be fulfilled on or around June 21, 2012.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above are solely Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable to Grand Prize Winner as income. The Grand Prize Winner must supply his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded. The Grand Prize may not be sold, bartered, exchanged, published or replicated in anyway by the Grand Prize Winner.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR RELEASED PARTIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Grand Prize may be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize.
10. Requests for the Names of the Grand Prize Winners and the Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winners and/or the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 20, 2012 to: CMT, The "Jana Kramer Signed Album Giveaway" Sweepstakes, 330 Commerce Street, 4th Floor (453/04), Nashville, TN 37201. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting the "Official Rules" or the names of the "Grand Prize Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: Sweepstakes sponsored by Country Music Television, Inc., 330 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37201.
© 2012 Country Music Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CMT and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Country Music Television, Inc.