Want to throw your cowboy hat into the ring to become the Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute? Well, slap on your "Daisy Dukes" -- or tight-fittin' jeans -- practice your Yeeee Hahhhh and apply for the ultimate dream job: getting paid $100,000* to watch The Dukes of Hazzard
CMT celebrates the return of one the most beloved pop culture hit series, of all time, The Dukes of Hazzard
. A six-figure income is being offered to a Dukes of Hazzard
enthusiast to be the new Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute.
The job responsibilities for the Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute are:
- watch The Dukes of Hazzard every weeknight on CMT;
- know the words to The Dukes of Hazzard theme song, "Good Ol' Boys," written and performed on the series by the legendary Waylon Jennings;
- serve as media expert on The Dukes of Hazzard for the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute: must be available for TV, radio and newspaper interviews to share passion for The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- write the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute online blog for cmt.com;
- be passionate about The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- make appearances at special events such as Dukesfest 2005 in Bristol, Tenn., (June 4-5, 2005).
Ben "Cooter" Jones, a favorite character on The Dukes of Hazzard
series will lead the CMT Good Ol' Boys (& Gals) Executive Search Team.
The job requirements:
Questions candidates will be asked include:
- must be 18 or older and have a valid driver's license;
(just in case a spin in the famous '69 Dodge Charger, The General Lee, comes up);
- eligible for work in the United States;
- travel occasionally at CMT expense.
- If you Bo, Luke and Daisy took off in The General Lee, what would happen next?
- If Waylon Jennings wrote your theme song, what would be the title and chorus?
- Which character on The Dukes of Hazzard do you most identify with and why?
CMT anticipates that the new Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute will be announced at the fifth annual Dukesfest at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol to be held Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5. More than 50,000 Dukes of Hazzard
fans are expected this year.
The Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute job application is available at: www.cmtdukesinsititue.com or by clicking on the link below, along with all job requirements, responsibilities and instructions about how to apply. The position requires the execution of a one-year, $100,000 independent contractor agreement with GREAT!
* The Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute will be paid $4,167 semi-monthly -- not to exceed $100,000. This position requires the execution of an independent contractor agreement with GREAT! Must be 18 or older and eligible for work in the United States.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader which may be downloaded free on the Internet.)