Dolly Parton will open her summer tour July 10 with a concert at Irving Plaza in New York. She also has plans to play the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville and House of Blues venues in New Orleans, Las Vegas and Chicago.
Parton told CMT News in April that she intends to tour this summer in support of the July 9 release of Halos & Horns, the third in her trilogy of bluegrass albums for Sugar Hill.
“We just get thousands of calls a day, ‘When you going on tour?’ and I thought, you know what? If people really want to see me, I think I will kind of see if I like it again,” Parton said during an interview at her Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Parton will be backed by the Blueniques, a band she put together for the tour. Members include Steve Turner, Kent Wells, Jimmy Mattingly, Richard Dennison, Gary “Biscuit” Davis, Brent Truitt, Terry Eldredge and Randy Kohr.
Before she officially begins the tour, Parton will appear July 5 in New York as part of the Today show’s concert series.
Details of on-sale dates are forthcoming. Following are confirmed concert dates, with others to be added:
• July 10: New York, Irving Plaza
• July 15: Washington, D.C., 9:30 Club
• July 20: Nashville, Grand Ole Opry
• July 21: Nashville, Ryman Auditorium
• July 25: Atlanta, Earthlink Live
• July 29: New Orleans, House of Blues
• Aug. 3: Dallas, Granada Theatre
• Aug. 7: Los Angeles, House of Blues
• Aug. 10: Las Vegas, House of Blues
• Aug. 13: Denver, Paramount Theatre
• Aug. 17: Chicago, House of Blues
• Aug. 21: Boston, Lowell Auditorium
• Aug 28: St. Louis, The Pageant
• Aug 31: Kansas City, Mo., The Uptown