The mansion of late Grand Ole Opry star Minnie Pearl will soon be open to the public for the first time, according to Chet Flippo in Billboard. The 8,000-square-foot house was built on five acres in the Oak Hill part of Nashville in 1935 next to the present Governor’s Residence. Minnie Pearl (whose real name was Sarah Cannon) and her husband, Henry, bought the house in 1973, and the couple entertained countless celebrities while they lived there. After Minnie died in 1996, Henry lived there until his death in 1998. The house had become rundown, reports Flippo, and was sold in 1999 to a Nashville businessman. Now, the Nashville Junior League will show the renovated mansion as its Decorator’s Show House 2000. Several special events are planned, and the house itself will be open to the public for tours, at $10, from April 8-22. Amy Grant (who named one of her children after Sarah Cannon) and Tennessee first lady Martha Sunquist are honorary co-chairs of the event.