CMT is giving fans the chance to give back as CMT One Country presents an online auction of items donated by 2009 CMT Music Awards show participants and nominees. Fans can bid on the items live via cmtauctions.com, with all proceeds benefiting CMT One Country partners, which include Feeding America (formerly America’s Second Harvest), Boys & Girls Club of America, Habitat for Humanity, Hands On Network, the USO (United Service Organizations) and Children’s Miracle Network.
Items featured in the auction include:
· Hat signed by Trace Adkins
· CD, hat and photo signed by Jason Aldean
· Lyrics, photo, CD, single and T-shirt signed by Rodney Atkins
· Prize package signed by the Eli Young Band
· Large Carter Twins print
· Cowboy hat signed by Kenny Chesney
· Guitar signed by Brooks & Dunn
· Prize package signed by presenter Terry Fator
· T-shirt signed by Julianne Hough
· Calendar and CD signed by Heidi Newfield
· Handmade hunting arrow and CD from Ted Nugent
· Guitar signed by Darius Rucker
· Poster signed by the Lost Trailers
· Lyrics signed by Carrie Underwood
· Australia jacket signed by Keith Urban
The genre’s only fan-voted awards, the 2009 CMT Music Awards Show hosted by Bill Engvall and featuring performances by Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban premiered live from Nashville on June 16. Encore presentations will air Tuesday, June 16 at 11:30 p.m.; Wednesday, June 17 at 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.; Friday, June 19 at 12:00 a.m.; Saturday, June 20 at 5:30 p.m., and Sunday, June 21 at 8:00 p.m. The 2009 CMT Music Awards Red Carpet Special will re-air on Saturday, June 20 at 4:30 p.m. All times listed ET/PT.
In lieu of the traditional artist gift bags given to celebrities, the 2009 CMT Music Awards gifted a $20,000 donation to the local affiliate of CMT One Country nonprofit partner, Feeding America. With this donation, CMT One Country will provide meals for 130 school aged children during the entire 2009-2010 school year through the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee’s BackPack Program. For the second year, CMT One Country rewarded winners of the 2009 CMT Music Awards by making donations on their behalf to their selected charities. In addition to honoring winners, CMT One Country is partnering with Rhapsody® to make donations on behalf of all nominees.
Visit CMT’s press-only Web site www.cmtmusicawardspress.com for more photos and information about the 2009 CMT Music Awards.