Trace Adkins’ House Fire Apparently Caused by Electrical Problem

The weekend fire that destroyed Trace Adkins’ home was apparently caused by an overheated or loose electrical connection in a power strip located beneath a workbench in the garage, investigators told The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville. The fire was reported at 3:35 p.m. Saturday (June 4) and had spread to the attic, completely engulfing the house in flames by the time firefighters were able to arrive a few minutes later. The 5,000-square-foot home was located in a subdivision in Brentwood, Tenn., a suburb located south of Nashville. A specific dollar amount of the total damage has not been determined. The losses included Adkins’ Harley Davidson motorcycle and a Cadillac Escalade, along with many personal items of sentimental value. Two of his daughters were at home with a nanny at the time of the fire, but they evacuated the house immediately, and no one was injured. Adkins was en route to Alaska for a short fishing trip before concerts Wednesday (June 8) in Fairbanks and Thursday in Anchorage. Upon being notified of the fire, he immediately returned to Nashville to be with his wife Rhonda and their children. As of Monday, he had not canceled the Alaskan concerts or a Saturday performance at Nashville’s LP Field during the CMA Music Festival ’s nightly concert series. View photos of the Adkins Family home.