Cassadee Pope’s iPhone isn’t jam-packed with pages and pages of apps. But the apps she does have, she really loves. We were talking about them last week when she was filling me in on her life on the road — both being on tour with Rascal Flatts and out doing radio station visits — and telling me about her new CMT docu-series Cassadee Pope: Frame by Frame , which premieres Friday (Oct. 4) at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Of course, you can watch the first episode now on CMT.com.
But back to the apps. Pope said she hasn’t really gotten into Snapchat or Vine, but she has seven apps she uses every day.
1. Viddy: “I really, really love Viddy. I’m constantly watching videos of puppies. And animals. It’s really kind of sad, but I spend a lot of time doing that.”
2. Instagram: “Instagram is always great because it’s just the pictures and the captions. I’ve loved it ever since it came out. I’m always clicking on that app to update my followers and to look around all the time.”
3. Solitaire: “I do love solitaire. I’m not a huge game person, but when I do want to play something, I play a lot of that on my phone. I know it’s not exactly modern, but I do it anyway.”
4. The basics: “They aren’t really cool apps, but I email or text or call people a ton. So those are probably the top apps I visit on my phone.”
5. Twitter: “Twitter is probably the next most-visited app on my phone. I’m always tweeting. I’m always throwing out there whatever I’m thinking at that moment. That’s what I love about it — that it’s just so immediate. And it’s a nice way to keep the fans in tune with what I’m thinking. I also really love interacting with them and seeing what they have to say.”
6. Sleep Machine: “Sleep Machine is so nice because you can make a blend of sounds. So I have rain, inside car and creek. When I finally do get to go to sleep, I don’t want to chance it by not being able to fall asleep. So I make sure and put that on, and then I for sure will fall asleep right away.”
7. FaceTime. “I FaceTime quite a lot with my boyfriend [the drummer in the pop punk band All Time Low] and sometimes my mom and sister. It’s a lifesaver with my boyfriend because he’s in a band, and they go overseas. So it’s a great way to keep in contact with each other when you’re far away like that and when there is a huge time difference.”