Friday (Dec. 13) is the day Taylor Swift turned 24. She’s growing up so fast. But you know how when you turn the age of your birthdate, that’s considered your Golden Birthday. So for Swift, that would’ve been when she turned 13 in 2002.
But what’s it called when you have a birthday on your lucky number day? For the sake of this story, let’s just call that your Lucky Birthday. And, for the sake of this story, allow me to list the 13 reasons why this birthday will be the lucky one for Swift:
1. She got to sing “Livin’ on a Prayer” with Prince William and Jon Bon Jovi recently. That’s at the top of almost every girl’s birthday wish list.
2. It’s Friday the 13th and, yet, bad luck never seems to have an effect on Swift. And for sure it won’t befall her on her Lucky Birthday.
3. Everyone — me included — is saying Swift is just as gorgeous as the Victoria’s Secret models she sang for at their recent fashion show. So that’s got to feel pretty good.
4. Swift got to have a birthday dinner with New Zealand singer Lorde. They went to Hibachi Japanese Grill in Melbourne, Australia.
5. She took to Twitter on her big day to say, “A Golden Globe nomination on my birthday. … I think it’s safe to say there will be no walking for me today, only skipping and frolicking.”
6. Swift’s mom sent her a birthday card “from” her cat Meredith.
7. After her show in Melbourne this weekend, Swift has some time off before the tour resumes in February.
8. The possibilities are endless for how and where she will spend those six weeks of R&R. I hear Rhode Island is really lovely this time of year.
9. When Swift was recently nominated for Grammy Awards, she admitted just how excited she was by tweeting, “I LOVE YOU GUYS WE GOT AN ALBUM OF THE YEAR NOMINATION AND I AM TOO EXCITED TO USE PUNCTUATION.”
10. She has mastered the art of using her phone camera as a mirror.
11. Swift still has so much enthusiasm for so much. In her website bio, she says, “I can’t wait for so many things. But mostly I can’t wait to see you, whether it’s in a crowd or a coffee shop.” Even at the ripe old age of 24, it sounds like Swift still counts her fans as blessings every day.
12. She has already accomplished all the mundane grown-up things — start a retirement fund, get life insurance, buy a house, build your credit, buy a car, learn to cook, take in a pet — that most 24-year-olds are still working on.
13. At 24, she has one more year of being closer to 20 than she is to 30.