I’ve never been to the Grammys. And neither has Kacey Musgraves. But that’s all about to change — for one of us, anyway.
Musgraves is heading out to Los Angeles for the big show on Jan. 26, and she gave People magazine some scoop on how she was going to prepare for her big night:
1. Bring the perfect date. For Musgraves, that will be her mom.
2. Bring your boyfriend. Luckily for Musgraves, her boyfriend Misa Arriaga already has his own ticket to the show because he’s in her band.
3. Have a good luck charm or two. Musgraves says hers is her boyfriend and her band. “We keep each other calm,” she told People.
4. Plan for a post-show celebration, win or lose. Her is to celebrate with “something bubbly.”
5. Prepare a speech. Or don’t. “I might have something prepared, but I’m sure it’ll go right out the window if I get a chance to speak,” Musgraves admitted.
6. Put comfort first. Musgraves says she has some ideas for what she might wear. “I’m pretty into textures, colors and cuts. And I always love a slightly retro vibe,” she says. But it sounds like she’ll make sure she feels good in whatever she wears. “Comfort doesn’t hurt either,” she said. “If you aren’t comfortable, it always shows.”
7. Remember the unforgettable performances. “Adele’s comeback a couple of years ago right after she had vocal surgery. She blew everyone away with her performance. She is flawless — what a voice,” Musgraves said of the Grammy moment that sticks in her mind.
Musgraves is nominated for four Grammys — best new artist, best country album, best country song for her own hit song “Merry Go ‘Round” and in the same category for Miranda Lambert‘s “Mama’s Broken Heart.”