Twitter is doing this #firsttweet thing where you can see your very first tweet. And just as importantly, everyone else’s very first tweets. All you do is type someone’s Twitter handle into this search and, voila, the first microblogging, super-brief thing they had to say.
Some are very boring, such as, “This is my official Twitter page.” As if we couldn’t figure that out. But others are friendly, funny and honest and kind of set the tone for the thousands of tweets that followed. Taylor Swift was the first big country star to tweet back in October 2008. But others quickly followed her lead.
1. Blake Shelton, June 2009: “I used to think rice was a form of pasta.”
2. Miranda Lambert, May 2009: “tweeting for the first time”
3. Taylor Swift, October 2008: “I love! RT@justinbieber I posted it!!! My response VIDEO to @taylorswift13 with an EXCLUSIVE SONG from my album … ENJOY”
4. Luke Bryan, November 2008: “luke is participating in the paper doll project — auction starts on nov 28th at http://pages.ebay.com/paperdoll.
5. Carrie Underwood, February 2012: “Hello Twitter world!”
6. Kenny Chesney, July 2009: “Testing … 1-2-3. Is this thing on?”
7. Kellie Pickler, May 2009: “taylor just taught me how to ‘tweet’ this is my 1st post!! I’m a dork!”
8. Zac Brown Band, December 2008: “Getting set up, look for lots of updates very soon …
9. Jake Owen, February 2009: “Tweet tweet!! I’m outside looking at the stars in Nashville. Seems like it’s gonna be a buffalo wing night for me”
10. Florida Georgia Line, July 2010: “I posted 36 photos on Facebook in the album ‘Summer 2010′”
11. The Band Perry, January 2009: “KP is setting up The Band Perry twitter page.”
12. Kacey Musgraves, April 2009: “just had an awesome tie dye party!!”