Summer’s almost over and school’s back in session. Check out this playlist to get you back in the mood for backpacks and books.
1. “Somethin’ Bad,” Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood Something bad is coming, all right, and that something is a school bell and an alarm clock. Channel your back to school anger through this track from Lambert and Underwood.
2. “The Boys of Fall,” Kenny Chesney One of the few upsides to school starting back is that football season is right around the corner. Get ready for the big game with this one from Chesney.
3. “Fifteen,” Taylor Swift For those of you starting high school, back to school can be an especially nerve-wracking time. But if Swift can do it, you can, too!
4. “Ready Set Roll,” Chase Rice Whether you’re getting ready for date night or math class, “Ready Set Roll” will have you ready to go.
5. “Silver Lining,” Kacey Musgraves We all need to be reminded of life’s silver linings every now and then. So while you’re bummed out about the last days of summer, listen to this one from Kacey Musgraves and start looking forward to that first school dance.
6. “Check Yes or No,” George Strait We’ve all been there — sitting a few rows behind our crush and barely paying attention to whatever the teacher’s saying. Let this song from Strait inspire you to make your move, even if it’s just passing a note.
7. “Small Town Throwdown,” Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett Nothing makes a small town throwdown like a high school football rivalry. Crank this track from one hell of a trifecta when you’re getting ready to cheer your team to victory.
8. “Give Me Back My Hometown,” Eric Church If you’re heading off to college for the fall, you’re bound to get a little nostalgic for home every now and then. Listen to Church when you need a good walk down memory lane.
9. “Bartender,” Lady Antebellum For college students of legal drinking age, put this latest Lady Antebellum track on before a night out on the town. Come to think of it, teachers deserve a night on the town, too.