No, GQ, I don’t automatically equate country music with plaid shirts, Wranglers and cowboy hats. Because it’s not 1993 anymore.
But I get it. You are a style magazine and probably don’t have your finger on the pulse of Nashville fashion as much as a country fan does.
Then again, country fans probably couldn’t agree more that Tim McGraw is a style hero. His recent Grammy nods for best country duo/group performance and for best country song show the world that he’s all about the music, but he definitely has some tricks up his designer sleeve for always looking less country and more city.
According to GQ, these are the reasons why McGraw always looks damn good:
1. “Everything fits him perfectly, and he always goes with his trademark cowboy hat. If he ditched that, we might have occasion to call him a James Bond or a Don Draper, but until then, he’s 100 percent McGraw.”
2. “He can go an extra button deep.” (Note to GQ: To see that look up real close, check out his 2002 album Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors.)
3. “McGraw is embracing the gray, a move we fully endorse.”
4. “He’s aced the shave, with a perfect fade on that neck beard.”
5. “Here, the fit is impeccable, and it all stays McGraw with that cowboy hat, which has just enough sheen to be considered formal.” Red carpets are a friend to McGraw, that’s for sure.
6. “Dark denim, a slim shirt and what looks to be a god-level timepiece make it all elevated.”
7. “European below the neck, all-American on top.”