Steven Tyler doesn’t seem like a very private person. I feel like he’d be more of an open-book kind of guy.
And he later appeared with Paisley on the annual CMA Country Christmas special on ABC.
So it’s not like his country album is a well-kept secret. He has talked, albeit in bits and pieces, about the upcoming project, and this is what I’ve learned.
1. His ties to country are strong. At the CMT Crossroads taping, Tyler told CMT’s Cody Alan, “That’s what I cut my teeth on — the Everly Brothers. I just love it. I love the words. I love the inflections. It’s just great.”
2. He’s done some country work recently. Tyler just collaborated with Jana Kramer on “Bullet,” which will be featured on her next album.
3. He is expected to sign with Big Machine Label Group within the next few weeks, according to Billboard, and is already working on the music.
4. Reports are that the music could be ready by the summer. Or by November. Either way, it will be worth the wait.
5. He reportedly moved to Nashville in January, which seems to corroborate the theories best of all.