I don’t know if Reese Witherspoon actually tailgates or not, but she is definitely a pro at putting together a list of songs if she ever does.
Her Draper James website — for her line of clothing and lifestyle merchandise — has a new monthly playlist, and the October list is packed with country. Some new songs, some classic ones, and even a couple I’d never heard before. It makes for a really solid 45 minutes of music.
2. Ashley Monroe – “Winning Streak”
3. Brad Paisley – “Crushin’ It”
4. Kings of Leon – “Red Morning Light”
5. Muddy Magnolias – “American Woman”
6. Granger Smith – “Tailgate Town”
7. Black Keys – “Howlin’ for You”
8. Kacey Musgraves – “Good Ol’ Boys Club”
9. Marc Scibilia – “Shining Like America”
10. Sheryl Crow – “All I Wanna Do”
11. Scotty McCreery – “Southern Belle”
12. Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Sweet Home Alabama”
Witherspoon recently told the Wall Street Journal that Nashville was part of the reason she started this new venture.
“About three years ago when I was traveling between Atlanta and Nashville, I started noticing how much was happening culturally in the South with museums, music venues and restaurants. At that same time I was approached by two Northeast brands to represent them. I don’t know the Hamptons, but I do know the South and I realized there was a white space to tell that story,” she said.
And as for the definition of southern styles, Witherspoon said, “There are rules of dressing. You put your clothes and face on like a suit of armor to start the day. You’re always dressed before 10 a.m. We dress to sit on airplanes and to sit at the theater. Nobody wears sweatpants to go to dinner.”