Before I get into the bucket list of Maddie & Tae, I should probably check off all the things the country duo has already accomplished:
1. A major label record deal when they were still just teenagers.
2. A No. 1 debut song.
3. Nine country music award nominations.
4. A CMA Award for video of the year.
5. The opening spot on Dierks Bentley’s 2015 tour.
6. The opening spot on Lee Brice’s 2016 tour.
7. Big winners at the Boots & Hearts Bass Classic Fishing Tournament.
Now, assuming a lot of those things were on Maddie Marlow and Taylor Dye’s initial bucket list, it makes sense that they really just have a couple more things left to do.
“Being a member of the Grand Ole Opry and headlining a tour would be our two things that we’d love to accomplish at some point,” Marlow said in a recent radio interview. “If that happens, that would be a dream come true.”
She added that thinking of such lofty goals now seems “completely unrealistic.”
“We’re like, ‘What? That could never happen,’” she said.
But then again, I think both Marlow and Dye probably felt the exact same way about bucket list items 1-7. And look at them now.