I hate days like today.
When it’s the day after the show you were so looking forward to and you wake up knowing that it’s over. It’s not just me, right? Don’t we all have a little bit of that going on today, the day after the 2019 CMT Artists of the Year ceremony that aired on Wednesday night (Oct. 16)?
And it’s especially tough because the show was especially good. Kane Brown broke down, Thomas Rhett prayed, Carrie Underwood sang her heart out, Chrissy Metz belted out a bittersweet Luke Combs song, and Sam Hunt covered a 1991 song about poverty and prostitution.
So, here’s how to get through the day:
1. Rewatch a few of the best performances.
2. Get to the bottom of the “sorority t-shirt” mystery from Dan + Shay’s “Tequila.” (Omega Chi Delta? It’s all Greek to me.)
3. Break down here with Kane Brown.
4. Repeat that prayer with Thomas Rhett.
5. Hear Ashley McBryde get weird again.
6. See some of the red carpet looks you might’ve missed, like Dave Haywood’s floral velvet pants.
7. Heed Reba McEntire’s advice from her artist of a lifetime acceptance speech: let a little more God into your life.
8. Give your confidence a boost with both of Carrie Underwood’s songs — one about infidelity and revenge and one about abuse and alcohol — and revel in the girl power her music gives you.