The latest question for the Kid Rock Community was, "Which artist are you most excited to hear collaborate with Kid Rock on Born Free?" The answer was an overwhelming "Bob Seger." That's the one more than 42 percent of voters want to hear. And they will, when Born Free hits stores on Nov. 16. Seger, one of Kid Rock's biggest influences (and mine, by the way) appears on the tune, "Collide," along with Sheryl Crow. Listeners will also hear Martina McBride and T.I. on the contemplative ballad "Care" and Zac Brown Band on "Flying High." But if you want to hear Kid Rock on a Loretta Lynn song, you'll need a copy of Coal Miner's Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn, which will be released Tuesday (Nov. 9). Rock does "I Know How" and he told Billboard magazine about how she asked him to be a part of the project. "I thought, 'Who's sending me a letter in a pink envelope with two big L's on the front?' She said she liked 'All Summer Long,' asked me if I'd do the thing, and I said of course," he said. "I started listening to her boxed set, revisiting some of the stuff, and I thought I'd really like to do a bluesy take on 'I Know How.' And she got back to me, said, 'That's crazy, that was Johnny Cash's favorite song of mine, nobody knew that.'"
- Garth Brooks Reclaims Country Album Crown With Blame It All on My Roots
- 10 Notable New Books for Music Fans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck Dynasty Holiday Album Eagles In to Top the Chart
- Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement Inducted Into Country Music Hall of Fame