(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)
Photo Credit: Kevork Djansezian
So many awards, so little makeup. It looked like that might've been Taylor Swift's motto from Sunday night's (Nov. 20) American Music Awards. She took home the biggest award of the night -- artist of the year -- along with being named the favorite female country artist and winning favorite country album. She was glowing, to say the least. But could it have been her subdued makeup that night that was making her seem extra gorgeous? Us magazine caught up with Swift's makeup artist for the night, Lorrie Turk, who said her goal was to "reflect the youthful, fun vibe of this event." And to do so, here are some of the tricks she used (and from the looks of things, there was no Sharpie eyeliner in her makeup bag):
1. "A dab of concealer on the inner corners of her eyes."
2. "I applied a soft peach blush along her cheekbones to add highlight and color."
3. "With a dampened eyeshadow brush, I brushed on a taupe eye shadow from her lash line to just above her crease and blended in an up and outward motion."
4. "On the innermost corners of her eyes, I used a small damp brush to brighten and highlight her eyes with a white eye shadow."
5. "I lined just the tops of her lash line with a very thin line using CoverGirl LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black."
6. "I applied CoverGirl ShineBlast Lipgloss in Dazzle directly from the applicator wand."