I know country artists are generous and giving, especially during the holidays. And what Carrie Underwood did recently confirms that and restores my faith in celebrities. Her voice wasn't in its usual flawless condition when she performed a Friday night (Dec. 14) show in Iowa. So she gave all the money she made from the Des Moines concert back to the community. She made it through the 90-minute set but said she wasn't happy with the way she sounded. "I'm still only getting about half the way to where I want to be, and I'm not used to that. I feel real guilty about making any money on this show tonight," she said. "So whatever I'm making is just going to go right back into this community because I feel like that's the right thing to do." Even though her voice wasn't as powerful as it usually is, I'm sure her message came through loud and clear for the fans.
- OFFSTAGE: How Brad Paisley Is Prepping for the Stones
- OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood, Six Seconds at a Time
- 2013 CMT Music Awards: All Performers Experience Digital Sales Increase
- 2013 CMA Music Festival: Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Shine Through Storm Clouds
- OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood, Jake Owen Clarify Change of Plans at CMA Music Festival