(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)
Photo Credit: Katherine Bomboy-Thornton/ABC
Now I know better. After Wednesday night's (May 22) season finale of Nashville, I know better because I know everything. So many people came clean about so many things.
1. Rayna comes clean that she's dating Deacon.
2. Gunnar comes clean that he's been using his late brother's lyrics.
3. Avery comes clean about still loving Scarlett, singing her "The Moon Is High."
4. Juliette comes clean that she is glad her mother's gone because "it's finally over."
5. Brad Paisley (as himself) comes clean that it's going to be hard to sing when he's looking at Rayna's embellished bustier.
6. Will comes clean that in order to be the next big thing in country music, he'll have to put his homosexuality aside and bed every girl he meets.
7. Peggy comes clean that she's pregnant, and presumably Mayor Teddy is the baby daddy.
8. But all those revelations paled in comparison to the tiny little smile that appeared on Deacon's face when Maddie came clean to him that he was her father. And even though there was so much anger after Maddie's confession -- "I need you to tell me you haven't been lying to me every moment for the last 13 years" -- and a night of binge drinking and a good mayoral assault, I think Deacon and Rayna will all be OK. Next season.
Oh, and Juliette won CMA female vocalist of the year.