(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)
Keith Urban is back on American Idol. And that's nice, but what I'm dying to know is who will fill those other three chairs at the judges' table? There have been a few names thrown around, like Jennifer Lopez, Dave Grohl and Lady Gaga. But the one I'm rooting for is The Band Perry's Kimberly Perry. And here's why:
1. Perry has been fronting bands -- and doing it well -- since she was 15. Since she just turned 30, that's 15 years of incredible singing and 15 years of honing her craft.
2. She has only been famous since "If I Die Young" made her band a force in country music in 2010, so she knows what it feels like to be young and trying to break out.
3. Blake Shelton recently tweeted "I just made a decision ... @thebandperry are absolutely badass!!! #truth"
4. And Perry's label boss tweeted Thursday (July 31), "KIMBERLY PERRY @thebandperry AS IDOL JUDGE? @BIGMACHINE WHAT DO YOU THINK? HMMMMM.."
5. In the short three years since "If I Die Young," the band has won seven major music awards.
6. And in those three shorts years, they've had a No. 1 hit every year.
7. Perry has one of the kindest hearts in the business, but she will be candid when the need arises. In other words, she won't be mean just to be mean.
8. With all the country contestants who have either won American Idol or made it into the Top 5, there should be more country representation at the judges' table.
9. The Band Perry are in the planning stages of their own headlining tour in 2014. This far in advance, they could plan their concerts around the Idol schedule. She could probably get to work as soon as they get back from their European tour in December.
10. As much as Keith Urban was easy on the eyes for all the girls watching the show for two hours at a time, Perry will have the same effect on the guys watching. She's gorgeous, glamorous, stylish and has a smile that's a country mile wide.