I've barely recovered from my Grammys hangover, and now there are more music nominations to get excited about. And this time, they're all country. The Academy of Country Music Awards nominations were announced on Wednesday morning (Jan. 29).
This is obviously great news to country fans like us. But even better news to Miranda Lambert fans. This year, she and Tim McGraw are the most-nominated ACM nominees with seven nods each. (That could be a category all its own, if you're listening, ACM.)
I'm pretty sure Lambert is thrilled and proud to be nominated in all those categories. They probably mean the world to her. But here is what all of Lambert's nominations mean to me:
1. Entertainer of the year means Lambert puts on a hell of a show. It's the kind where you will not sit down, you'll sing every song along with her at the top of your lungs, and you'll become best friends with everyone in your row.
2. Female vocalist means Lambert can really, really sing. So even if you took away the EOTY worthiness and just put her on a stool at some little open-mic night in a bar, her voice would blow you away with its pure Texasness. In other words, the girl can saaaang.
3. Song of the year for "Mama's Broken Heart" means Lambert knows how to pick songs that are just so her. This one was provided by country's current trifecta of songwriters -- Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally and Kacey Musgraves -- but it's almost as if it was meant for Lambert.
4. Single of the year for "Mama's Broken Heart" means Lambert knows how to make a well-written song come to life in a way that wins over fans and radio programmers alike.
5. Video of the year for "Mama's Broken Heart" means Lambert can take a country song and, with the help of the right people (in this case, director Trey Fanjoy), turn it into a mini-movie that could easily win over jaded critics at some indie film festival.
6. Vocal event for "We Were Us" with Keith Urban means that when Lambert shares her voice on someone else's song, good things happen for her and everyone in the studio with her.
7. Vocal event for "Boys 'Round Here" with Blake Shelton means Lambert is a good wife, in and out of the recording booth.