Lorrie Morgan and Sammy Kershaw announced their engagement today (April 17) on Live With Regis & Kelly. The wedding date has been set for Sept. 29. Kershaw's divorce from his second wife, Kim, was final Thursday (April 12). Kim received primary custody of their children, ages 15 and 7. This will be Morgan's fifth marriage. She was married to country star Keith Whitley when he died of an alcohol overdose in 1989. Previous husbands also include guitarist Ron Gaddis, Clint Black's tour-bus driver Brad Thompson and singer Jon Randall, whom she divorced in 1999. Morgan and Kershaw were on Regis & Kelly to plug their new duets album, I Finally Found Someone, which
was released today.
- George Strait: George Jones Was a "Hero and Friend"
- HOT DISH: Star Power Keeps Getting Brighter for ACM Awards
- Mindy McCready's Brothers Share Their Memories in CMT News Special
- Mindy McCready's Nashville Memorial Service Attended by Family and Friends
- George Jones Adds Alan Jackson and Others to His Final Concert