1 bag of frozen hashbrowns (any brand, I use Orida)
1 8 oz sour cream
1 small can of cream of chicken soup
2 sticks of butter
2-3 cups of sharp cheddar cheese (we like more cheese)
3-4 cups of crushed cornflakes
- Let hashbrowns thaw out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion.
- Mix together hashbrowns, soup, onion, chasse, sour cream and 1 stick
(melted) -- I add a little salt and pepper also.
- Grease a 9 x 12 Pyrex dish.
- Mix crushed cornflakes and 1 stick of butter melted together in a separate bowl.
- Spread the hash brown mixture in the dish first.
- Pour the cornflakes over the top. Spread over the top evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.