Craig Schelske, Sara Evans' husband, is denying all allegations in her divorce proceedings against him. In court documents filed Thursday (Oct. 12), Evans made several allegations involving adultery and pornography.
In a statement distributed
late Friday (Oct. 13) on a national news wire, Schelske stated:
"Sara and our three children are the most important
people in my life. I have made the decision to forgive Sara for the unfortunate campaign that she and her publicity advisors
are currently waging.
"I adamantly deny the allegations that are being made.
"As distressing as it is to have
to communicate about this matter publicly, Sara has unfortunately become a dramatically different person over the last year
and it is something we have struggled to deal with. Sadly, it appears we have failed.
"The best I can do at this difficult
time is ask that people of faith would pray for her and for my family.
"My greatest concern is for my children and
the irreparable harm they are at risk of facing. As such, I will have no further comment on this matter outside of a courtroom."
43, was in the national spotlight in 2002 during his unsuccesful campaign as a Republican candidate for U.S. Congress from
- OFFSTAGE: Country Stars Praying and Tweeting for Oklahoma
- CMA Music Festival Announces Performers for Free Concert Series
- Luke Bryan Shows Us His Hits as Spring Break Rips the Tops Off
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Country Music Radio Gets a Foothold in New York City
- Brad Paisley Jams With REO Speedwagon at Sony Music's CRS Party