At the end of 2010, we had this idea at CMT.com to start a blog all about the things the country stars are doing when they are not onstage. The result was Offstage.
Photo Credit: US Weekly
So 2011 was that blog's first full year. I wrote approximately 750 entries this year. And looking back on them now reminds me of what a newsy year this was for the country stars. So I thought I'd give you another look at the 15 blogs that had the most traffic throughout 2011.
1. Wearing her mother's dress and a pair of cowboy boots, Miranda Lambert's May wedding style was the biggest story of the year.
2. Guests kept it classy and stopped their incessant tweeting when it came time for Lambert and Shelton to become Mr. & Mrs.
3. At glimpse at Kid Rock's Detroit-area home décor -- from the stripper pole to the bronze Jesus -- piqued the curiosity of a lot of readers.
4. The photographer at the Lambert-Shelton wedding kept a journal and revealed his assignment that day was more of a joy than a job.
5. Running the numbers on Lambert's wedding-day jewels, we counted up the carats -- five-carat diamond eternity band, 30-carat diamond necklace and a 60-carat sapphire black gold ring.
6. Mike Fisher (who I like to think of as Mr. Carrie Underwood) gave his heart to the Lord at a young age and then wrote a book about it recently.
7. Reba was a wedding singer and deer cutlets were served. Again, the Lambert-Shelton wedding details were big news for country fans.
8. Will the Scotty McCreery-Lauren Alaina love ever be as obvious to them as it was to us in 2011?
9. Every concertgoer's worst nightmare came true in August at that Sugarland show in Indianapolis. I hope I never have to write a story like this again.
10. Checotah High School, Class of 2001, welcomed salutatorian Carrie Underwood back to town for a typical small-town reunion.
11. Grace Potter told me all about Kenny Chesney when we talked "Tequila." He was devoted, diverse and involved, she said.
12. LeAnn Rimes threatened to tweet nude pictures of herself to keep the haters at bay. I say, skinny is relative and frankly, none of anyone's business.
13. As for the no-they-aren't, yes-they-are rumors about McCreery and Alaina, it really didn't help when McCreery told a radio show that he and Alaina would wed in 11 years.
14. The director of Taylor Swift's "Mean" video revealed to me that she was anything but.
15. That hitch in Tim McGraw's gitalong? We all wanted to know what happened. There was a lot of speculation, and I finally got to the bottom of it later on. But the blog about not knowing drew the most attention.