The movie won't be out until February 2015. But the trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey comes out on Thursday (July 24), so it's going to feel like seven months of foreplay.
Especially now that Beyoncé has kind of leaked her involvement in the soundtrack for the soccer-mom erotica. She put a teaser on Instagram over the weekend, playing her "Crazy in Love" and using the hashtag #FiftyShades.
Is Beyoncé's song right for this kind of unlikely soft-porn love story? Probably. But I think it would be interesting to talk about what a country soundtrack would be like backing this movie.
The film is based on the best-selling book of the same name by E.L. James about the highly sexual relationship between Christian and Anastasia. And if it's anything like the book, the sex scenes will be explicit. Really explicit. So wouldn't some relevant country music take the steamy down a notch? It might take an otherwise NC-17 movie and turn it into something a little more R-rated.
Here are 10 recommendations. Feel free to add more.
1. "I Can Love You Better," Dixie Chicks
2. "Real Good Man," Tim McGraw
3. "Dirty," Tyler Farr
4. "I'd Love to Lay You Down," Conway Twitty
5. "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This," Toby Keith
6. "I Can Take It From There," Chris Young
7. "Coalmine," Sara Evans
8. Come a Little Closer," Dierks Bentley
9. "I May Hate Myself in the Morning," Lee Ann Womack
10. "Would You Lay With Me in a Field of Stone," Tanya Tucker