Singer/songwriter Nanci Griffith and Irish songstress Maura O'Connell were in the studio this past week recording a unique new version of Griffith's song, "Trouble In The Fields" for a new album called, A Celebration Of The American Farm. The two teamed up with The Nashville Chamber Orchestra and performed the song live at Ocean Way Studios on Music Row with O'Connell handling the lead vocal and Griffith singing harmony. "It's been a well sung song but Maura has always done the greatest version," says Griffith. Billed as a tribute to the American farm, the disc will also include performances from Victor Mecyssne, John Cowan, Glen Yarbrough, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason. The album is scheduled for a fall release.
- ASCAP Crowns Ben Hayslip and Brad Paisley Its Top Songwriters of 2012
- Kathy Mattea Comes Home on New Album
- John Anderson, Marty Stuart Sing on New Civil War-Themed Album
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Brad Paisley and Other Good Non-Idol Music
- Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott Claims SESAC Songwriter, Song of the Year Honors