It was a smooth ride for Car Wheels On A Gravel Road as Lucinda Williams picked up three nominations in the fifth annual Nashville Music Awards, set for February 10th at Nashville's Tennessee Performing Arts Center. Lucinda's album, Car Wheels On A Gravel Road, her first album in five years, is a contender for Americana Album of the Year; "Right In Time," the album's lead-off track, is up for Song of the Year; and Lucinda is nominated for Artist/Songwriter of the Year. Country renegade Steve Earle, who co-produced Car Wheels, and Mavericks' singer Raul Malo are the only other performers to claim three nods from Leadership Music, organizers of the fan-voted Nashville Music Awards. Faith Hill's hit "This Kiss" is a standout in the nominations. It earned a Song of the Year citation for songwriters Beth Nielsen Chapman, Annie Roboff and Robin Lerner. In addition, "This Kiss" grabbed a Video of the Year nomination for director Stephen Goldmann and contributed to Hill's Country Album of the Year nomination for the Faith album.
- Johnny Cash Leads 10 Finds for Record Store Day
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Jimmy Buffett, Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, Lyle Lovett Honor a Friend
- Dierks Bentley, Eric Church Join Levon Helm Tribute Concert
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: The Big Country Music Tent
- Buddy Miller, Jim Lauderdale Launching Satellite Radio Show