George Strait has lost his voice due to a throat infection and will not appear on the Academy of Country Music Awards on Tuesday night (May 17) in Las Vegas. He has also withdrawn from a television taping in Las Vegas on Wednesday night (May 18), celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Academy of Country Music.
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- George Strait Announces All-Star Cast for Final Concert
- George Strait Presented Billboard Legend of Live Award
- George Strait Takes Home 2013 CMA Entertainer of the Year Award
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories