Emmylou Harris has teamed with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to launch three public service announcements encouraging pet owners to take better care of their dogs. Harris filmed one of the TV spots at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. In another, Loretta Lynn's "I Want to Be Free" is used to promote the idea of bringing dogs inside during the winter. Dolly Parton's "He Will Be Waiting for Me" is the backdrop of the third clip which features actress Kathy Najimy. Lynn and Parton both donated their songs for the campaign.
- Taylor Swift's Red Earns Grammy Nods
- Ricky Skaggs Revisits Country Hits During Hall of Fame Performance
- Duck the Hall, "Mine Would Be You" Are Top Album, Song for Second Week
- Keifer Thompson Crowned SESAC Songwriter of Year
- Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement Inducted Into Country Music Hall of Fame