The Tennessee Highway Patrol is continuing the investigation into the death of an unidentified man who was killed Friday night (June 16) when he was hit by Ricky Skaggs' tour bus near the site of the Bonnaroo music festival in Manchester, Tenn. The pedestrian was apparently leaving the festival when he jumped over a chain-link fence and walked in front of the tour bus on Interstate 24. Preliminary information indicates that the bus driver was not at fault, investigators said. Skaggs and his Kentucky Thunder band were traveling toward Nashville from the Bonnaroo festival after completing a 90-minute performance shortly before 7 p.m. THP officials had not determined the victim's identity Saturday morning.
- Ralph Stanley Awarded Honorary Doctorate From Yale University
- Hall of Fame Expansion Ceremony Highlighted by Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs, Lee Ann Womack
- Rhonda Vincent Bows Equally to Bluegrass and Country in New Album
- Country Stars Select CMT All-Time Top 40
- 2013 in Review: Big Tours, More Awards and Sad Farewells