The official victors at the 42nd annual CMA Awards will not be revealed until Wednesday night (Nov. 12), but Kenny Chesney and Carrie Underwood are the frontrunners in CMT's third annual poll to predict the winners. In the poll's five categories, Chesney is predicted to win the entertainer of the year and male vocalist prizes, and Underwood is projected to take home the female vocalist trophy and an album of the year win for Carnival Ride. Additionally, those polled picked George Strait's "I Saw God Today" as the song of the year. CMT commissioned the poll using a random sample of 1,096 country music fans 18 and older. CMT's Lance Smith and Katie Cook will host the CMA Awards 2008 Red Carpet Show premiering Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CMT and CMT.com. ABC will broadcast the CMA Awards show live from Nashville's Sommet Center on Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- George Strait Announces All-Star Cast for Final Concert
- George Strait Presented Billboard Legend of Live Award
- George Strait Takes Home 2013 CMA Entertainer of the Year Award
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories