Singer-songwriters Allison Moorer and Steve Earle's first child, John Henry Earle, was born Monday (April 5). He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces. Moorer and Earle, who married in 2005, live in New York's Greenwich Village. Moorer's latest album, Crows, was released in February. Also in Feburary, Earle won his third Grammy when Townes, his 2009 tribute to the late Townes Van Zandt, was named best contemporary folk album. Earle is also the father of singer-songwriter Justin Townes Earle.
- Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell, Stephen Stills Set for Americana Awards Show
- Around the Web: Pistol Annies Aim High
- Avett Brothers/Randy Travis CMT Crossroads Single Celebrates Record Store Day
- Dallas Davidson, Luke Laird Are BMI's Top Songwriters, Tom T. Hall the Icon
- Catt Gravitt Is SESAC's Top Songwriter, Jon Stone's "A Woman Like You" Best Song