Vince Gill will headline a free outdoor concert in Destin, Fla., as part of a campaign to attract visitors to the Beaches of South Walton along the Gulf Coast. The event is set for Sept. 25 at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Although there's no admission to the concert, it is a ticketed event. Tickets are currently available from participating lodging establishments in the area. Communities along the Alabama and Florida coast have been increasing their marketing efforts in the aftermath of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Gill's wife, singer-songwriter Amy Grant, recently filmed a public service announcement for the Beaches of South Walton to encourage tourism.
- Country Radio Seminar: From Mötley Crüe to George Jones
- Country Radio Broadcasters Laud Vince Gill With Career Achievement Award
- Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan Still Reign on Country Charts
- Kacey Musgraves Reclaims Top Album Crown With Same Trailer Different Park
- Civil Wars Win Another Grammy Over Mainstream Country Stars