The Country Strong original motion picture soundtrack (RCA) is among the new albums released Tuesday (Oct. 26). Gwyneth Paltrow, who stars in the movie as an alcoholic country star looking for a comeback, sings on four of the tracks, including a duet with co-star Tim McGraw. Cast members Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester sing on the project. Trace Adkins, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Patty Loveless, Hank Williams Jr., Lee Ann Womack and Chris Young also appear on the album. The movie will be released in Los Angeles and Nashville on Dec. 22 and nationally on Jan. 7. Other new releases include Balsam Range's Trains I Missed (Crossroads), Marshall Chapman's Big Lonesome (Tall Girl), Joe Diffie's Homecoming: The Bluegrass Album (Rounder), The Imus Ranch Record II (New West) and Tumbledown's Empty Bottle (End Sounds). New compilations include The Essential Dixie Chicks (Columbia/Open Wide/Legacy) and The Essential Highwaymen (Columbia/Legacy).
- Kris Kristofferson Still Lives for the Song
- Book Excerpt: Willie Nelson's Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die
- Willie Nelson Discusses New Album, Old Friends and Thoughts on a Long Career
- HOT DISH: Billy Bob Thornton, Kinky Friedman Collaborate on New Book
- Johnny Cash's Music Celebrated in Austin by Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Others