Country Music Hall of Fame member George Jones was hospitalized in Nashville on Wednesday (Jan. 5), according to his public relations firm. The agency said he had been undergoing his annual physical checkup and was resting in an unnamed hospital and was scheduled to be released on Thursday. Jones was quoted as saying, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck the Hall, "Mine Would Be You" Are Top Album, Song for Second Week
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories
- BMI Celebrates Songwriter Dean Dillon With Its Icon Award