The Bellamy Brothers are claiming pop diva Britney Spears' just-released single, "Hold It Against Me," bears a striking resemblance to one of their signature songs, "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me." The duo's hit spent three weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's country chart in 1979. David Bellamy, who wrote it, terms it "one of the defining songs of our career." Spears' track, leaked Monday (Jan. 10) on the Internet and officially released Tuesday, was produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin, noted for their work with Ke$ha and Katy Perry. Spears recording falls under the category of electronic dance music, although Bellamy says, "If you listen to the lyrics ... you'll find some major similarities." Bellamy says he and his brother Howard "have no personal beef with Britney." He added, "But professionally, well, in all honesty, we feel completely ripped off. Where's the originality?"
- HOT DISH: Dixie Chicks, Eric Church, Lee Ann Womack, Willie Nelson Meet at Charity Event in Connecticut
- Daddy Songs: A Dozen Memorable Salutes and Smacks to the Old Man
- The First Families of Country Music
- HOT DISH: Dolly Parton's Hollywood Bowl Concert Attracts Unexpected Guest
- CMA Music Festival: 10 Top Picks