Bluegrass band Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver have launched a tour of children's hospitals coinciding with performances of the national anthem in sporting arenas. The group performed at the Monroe Carrell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville on Thursday (Feb. 10), a few hours prior to their performance of the national anthem at the Alabama/Vanderbilt men's basketball game. Following their past appearances in Alabama and Tennessee, the group is also scheduled to perform in Mississippi and North Carolina this winter. "I'm very excited about partnering our efforts to create this tour," said Lawson. "I love children and am very patriotic. I'm really proud and honored to be able to combine helping hospitalized children with honoring our great country -- and doing both through my band's music. It's a special opportunity and I'm excited to be part of such a great project."
- New Music: Monroe, Musgraves and More
- IIIrd Tyme Out "Bluegrasses" Country Classics in New Cracker Barrel Album
- Gibson Brothers Crowned Top Entertainers at IBMA Awards Show
- IBMA Awards: Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out Lead List of Bluegrass Nominees
- Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts Highlight Concerts During Memorial Day Weekend