Emmylou Harris will release a new album, Hard Bargain, on Nonesuch Records on April 26. Harris wrote 11 of the 13 tracks, including selections about her mentor Gram Parsons ("The Road") and the late folk singer Kate McGarrigle ("Dear Kate"). The title track was written by Ron Sexsmith, while her producer, Jay Joyce, contributed "Cross Yourself." Harris says, "We did the whole thing with just three musicians, me being one of them. Jay, the producer, and Giles Reeves play everything between them. It's not a stripped-down record, though. There's only one song that's a little bare bones. I'm basically a slow ballad-y person, but Jay managed to really move the songs up a bit. But they still have the same emotional feel." Harris will appear at SXSW in Austin this month, as well as The Late Show With David Letterman on April 27. She was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2008.
- Avett Brothers/Randy Travis CMT Crossroads Single Celebrates Record Store Day
- Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell Revisit Their Rich Past at New York Concert
- Emmylou Harris Shelters Dogs, Advocates for Pet Adoption
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Ray Charles for the Country Music Hall of Fame
- ACM Honors Trailblazers and Pioneers at Ryman Ceremonies