Steve Martin's new bluegrass album, Rare Bird Alert, features collaborations with the Dixie Chicks and Paul McCartney. The project was released Tuesday (March 15) by Rounder Records. A longtime banjo picker, Martin recorded the project with producer Tony Trischka, as well as the Steep Canyon Rangers, a North Carolina bluegrass group that tours with him. Rare Bird Alert features 12 new songs written by Martin and a live version of "King Tut," the comedy song that was a hit for Martin in 1978. Martin's previous bluegrass album, The Crow, was released in 2009 and won a Grammy for best bluegrass album.
- New Music: The Band Perry, Kenny Chesney and More
- Avett Brothers Come Home to MerleFest
- Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band Win Grammys
- Grammy Nominations: Hunter Hayes, Lumineers, Alabama Shakes on Best New Artist List
- Steve Martin and Steep Canyon Rangers to Perform at All-Star Charity Show in New York City