Amy Grant's mother, Gloria Dean Napier Grant, died Saturday (April 30) at age 80. She was a native of Nashville. Mrs. Grant and her husband Burton were married for 60 years and raised four daughters. They had 17 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. After her death, Amy Grant and her husband Vince Gill canceled their performances at "The Nashville Choir presents a Tribute to the Songs of Bill & Gloria Gaither" event on Sunday, and Gill bowed out of his appearance at the May 2 flood commemoration event, "Voices Rising: Remembering One Year Later." A spokesperson for Amy Grant said the singer will not make a public statement on her mother's passing. An obituary provided by the family asks that people remember Gloria Grant by performing an unexpected act of kindness or by making a donation to Lipscomb University or Alive Hospice.
- Country Music Cruise Sweepstakes: Win a Trip With Vince Gill, Kenny Rogers and Others
- Keith Urban's Wife Sings Along During 2013 CMT Music Awards
- Healing in the Heartland Concert Raises $6 Million for Tornado Relief
- Blake Shelton Honors Oklahoma's Heroes and Heart
- Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Set for May 29 in Oklahoma City