Chet Atkins will be the subject of a biographical exhibit opening Aug. 11 at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Titled Chet Atkins: Certified Guitar Player, the exhibit will illustrate the numerous facets of Atkins' long career as a guitarist, performer, producer and record label executive. Atkins won 14 Grammys and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1973. He died in 2001. The exhibit, which will run through June 2012, is presented by the Gretsch Company, the guitar manufacturer that remained a favorite of Atkins throughout his career.
- Avett Brothers/Randy Travis CMT Crossroads Single Celebrates Record Store Day
- Country Hall of Fame Elects Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement
- Eric Church, Brad Paisley Release New Albums
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Women Record Producers: Does Nashville Get It?
- HOT DISH: Nashville Wouldn't Be the Same Without Cowboy Jack Clement