Gene Watson and Rhonda Vincent's duets album, Your Money and My Good Looks, leads a list of independent country albums released Tuesday (June 7). Watson notched 21 Top 10 country hits between 1975 and 1989, including the No. 1 hit, "Fourteen Carat Mind." Vincent is one of the most-awarded musicians in bluegrass. They first met prior to a live televised performance on the Grand Ole Opry. In addition, the Grascals have released a musical tribute to The Andy Griffith Show titled Dance 'Til Your Stockings Are Hot and Ravelin'. Meanwhile, new releases by singer-songwriters include Mary Bragg's Tattoos and Bruises, Grayson Capps' The Lost Cause Minstrels, Joe Ely's Satisfied at Last, the Farewell Drifters' Echo Boom, Nick 13's self-titled release, Lindi Ortega's Little Red Boots, Rod Picott's Welding Burns and Jason White's The Longing. Also, jazz singer Diane Schuur's The Gathering features her interpretations of country classics, as well as guest appearances by Vince Gill and Alison Krauss.
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: LeAnn Rimes Takes a Turn
- LeAnn Rimes' New Album Features Alison Krauss, Jeff Beck
- Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss Featured on Tribute to Late Songwriter Ron Davies
- IIIrd Tyme Out "Bluegrasses" Country Classics in New Cracker Barrel Album
- OFFSTAGE: Little Big Town Hashtags Their Grammy Win